Fall

Fall

Monday, January 16, 2012

A little self care

I discovered The Hotel St. Julien a few months ago when Liz and I stayed there for a night. It is in Boulder off Pearl St. Mall and is a very nice hotel-modern and clean, with a spa and pool/hot tub/work out room. I decided it was time for another overnight and a little self care. I had a rough week at the shelter last week with a lot of conflict among the residents, and even had a dream that I was sleeping at the shelter. Thus, it was time to just get away even if it meant only being 40 minutes from Denver.

My friend Karen lives near Boulder and I hadn't seen her in ages. We met and walked on Pearl St, going in and out of shops and talking. She came back to the hotel room and we drank some wine and continued our conversation. I went to The Rio for dinner and came back to sit in the hot tub. I took a long bath and read magazines in the tub and got a really good night's sleep-I don't think I dreamed at all! This morning I woke up and drank coffee from the Keurig coffee maker. I worked out in the fitness center and had a hearty breakfast. I got home not long ago-I feel relaxed and ready to bring all of me into the activities of the week.

Yesterday morning I awoke to a beautiful sunrise that was a sign of a good day ahead.

Here is the bed at the hotel. It is clean and comfy!

The hotel has armed me in case I get the munchies for some $8 pretzels, candy, or a $40 bottle of wine.

The soaking tub and glass shower...I wish this were my bathroom...

This morning I asked the front desk for one more of the Keurig coffee inserts so I could enjoy one more steaming cup...here is what they brought me...

And me...enjoying one of these extra cups of coffee...

No comments: