Fall

Fall

Sunday, March 15, 2015

42


Today is Mike's 42nd birthday. I found this picture, actually from my Brother's 35th birthday celebration. Every year we would celebrate birthdays with the family. We would go to Mom and Dad's and have a special meal and dessert. We still do this, of course, or we go out to eat. But we celebrate one less birthday in the family now.

Yesterday I went to the cemetery and put a small little spring bouquet in front of Mike's stone. I bought a new wind chime for his tree-now there are four. It is a beautiful sound when the wind blows lightly to hear all the different tones from each wind chime. Other trees in the area have been decorated in memory of loved ones. I enjoy walking around and looking at them to see what their special trees look like.

The only thing planned today is a massage at 2pm-hot stone. I go to the Wellness Center at the Whole Foods on Colorado. There is a therapist there named Courtney who I really like. She doesn't talk, either, while she massages away. She just let's me sink into the blissful in between consciousness and sleep that a massage can give. I may do a hike or big walk this morning, or take a drive. I have never been to Rocky Mtn Arsenal and it is close by to me on the East end of the world. So, once I have breakfast and finish my coffee I will see what the day will bring.

I bought a lot of groceries so I may come back to the condo and make dinner. I bought some fish and some collard greens, having seen a "healthy" soul food recipe for greens I want to try. However, I have been itching for a meal at Max Gill and Grill-it reminds me of Mike and me so much there, as well as authentically good times with friends. We used to eat there when it was Hemingway's too. But, I will see how I feel after the massage.

Happy birthday, Mikey!

No comments: