Fall

Fall

Monday, August 22, 2016

Western Slope Road Trip 2016

I satisfied my need for my Western Slope summer by taking a very long and scenic road trip. My itinerary? Stay in Glenwood and go to the pool; Spend time in Carbondale and Redstone; See a friend in Paonia; See a friend in Grand Junction; Enjoy the Palisade farmer's market and get some peaches; Take a scenic drive along 141 through canyon country where I never explored before; go to the Dennis Weaver Memorial Park in Ridgway; revisit my old town Montrose. All completed! Today I head home, but wanted you to enjoy the trip, too, with some photos!

Hotel Colorado



Carbondale Labyrinth




 Why I love Carbondale So… 




The Crystal River in Redstone


View from near the summit of McClure Pass


My Paonia


Real Palisade peaches!


The contrasts of Palisade color against the brown mesa


Gateway/Unaweep Canyon area


I love the Double L Ranch landscape outside of Ridgway!


Cooling off tired driving feet in the Uncompaghre River


Happy Trails!







No comments: