Fall

Fall

Sunday, September 4, 2016

A "Farm-tastic" Labor Day Weekend

I decided I needed to reconnect to nature this weekend, so wound up at two of my favorite local farms.
Saturday I ventured to Berry Patch Farms, in Brighton, where I make at least an annual trek if I can in the fall. They are a "pick your own" kind of place and they also have a farm market with fresh produce. I decided to pick some flowers, basil, and bought some spicy hot, roasted green chiles for a stew.


Just such a cute farm!


Gotta love this prayer below…






Final product from the flower picking!


Today, my neighbor and dear friend Mary and I went to Chatfield Farms at the Denver Botanic Gardens. It is located near Chatfield Resevoir. On the property there is an old schoolhouse, a historic homestead, lots of walking paths and a small butterfly house.


I have lucked out so much having Mary as a neighbor, grown into a friend. We occupy units on the first floor "corner" of our condo building. We are, literally, two neighbor peas in two small pods.




It felt so good to have a few hours feeling like I was someplace else. It doesn't take much to reinvigorate my soul and prepare me for the seasons changing!






No comments: