Fall

Fall

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Conquer the weight loss monster...again

Okay, so I am putting this out there on my blog so I actually do it. Tomorrow I am going to go to my first Weight Watchers meeting in quite a few years. There. I said it. I had done it so many years ago with great success, so I am hoping the magic is there again this time around.

The past 6 months have been stressful with Mike being in and out of the hospital. I have never been one of those "I am so stressed I just can't eat" kind of people. I am the opposite...Eating is a way for me to release my stress and continue an imaginary love affair with food. And, not just food that is good for you. Nope. My love affair is anything salty, crunchy, and loaded with all sorts of goodness. This distraction during the stressful times has led me to (I believe) put on anywhere from 15-20 pounds. My pants don't fit well. There are fat creases that were never there before. You ask...why don't you just weigh yourself? I am saving that graceful, wonderful moment for tomorrow morning, my official first weigh in.

I just need to be reminded that hunger is okay every once in a while. That I don't need to eat the whole bag of chips, and actually I could substitute a rice cake for that bag of chips. I want to remember how to eat fresh, yummy foods at a normal serving size instead of the large portions I dish out. Oh, and I want my pants to fit again!

So...wish me luck. I will not pull an Oprah and advertise for all to see my current weight. I will however keep you posted on my journey and hopefully count my successes!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What magnificent words