Fall

Fall

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Mike's glasses



I proudly wear Mike's eyeglass frames every day. They sit comfortably on the bridge of my nose. I like the shape, and I see very well out of them thanks to my updated prescription. When I look at pictures of Mike in his glasses, I sense a familiarity...oh yeah...I am wearing those now. A friend actually had buttons made with little replicas of Mike's glasses on them. She knew how much these glasses meant to him (she was his nurse many times...she saw how these glasses gave him comfort). I recently saw Paul and Pam-two Antarctic friends off for another season on the ice. I gave them both a pin, with the intention of Mike seeing their Antarctic adventures symbolized by the pin. Both wore them proudly as I explained the meaning.

1 comment:

Meg said...

This is fantastic. How amazing. What a brilliant idea!