Fall

Fall

Monday, September 12, 2011

It is about time!

I haven't written in quite a while. Things have been a bit busy, well...busier than normal, anyway. But this will be the new normal-juggling my time with classes, homework, the internship, seeing friends and family, and staying on top of the housework. I am exhausted just thinking about it all. I am however looking forward to routine. Knowing what Monday-Friday looks like with variation on the weekends. Chester is looking forward to routine, too. He likes knowing what we do and when we will do it. Stan, not so much. He just does whatever Chester does.

I had orientation at DU on Thursday. It is great to finally be starting this new chapter. I think the program will be intense...learning how to counsel and care for others, all the while discovering all sorts of new things about myself. Some of us participated in a service day on Friday. My group went to the Food Bank of the Rockies and did a variety of tasks. I helped sort items and box them. I met a few nice people and felt good about spending the morning in service. This week I am tackling some homework and I start my internship tomorrow.

I have been staying on top of golfing, though whether I am improving is another question. It is a good way to get out some stress and have a little fun. Although...I think my friend Liz will be my permanent golf partner. Both of us play pretty much at the same level. I am going out with my friend Amy on Friday to Harvard Gulch...I have warned her about my low level skill and she has assured me it is okay. Amy...if you are reading...you have until Friday to back out!

No comments: