Fall

Fall

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Home

Spring break did not end up quite as planned. I was supposed to go to Scottsdale with Liz and Lance for a few days. They had never been there before, and I was going to show them all the hot spots I love. We were going to a baseball game, and hopefully play some golf. Well, the day I was supposed to leave I was sick, too sick to get on the plane, so I had to cancel. I spent the day watching movies-The Descendents and Young Adult-and eating the comforting soup mom and dad brought over. It was less than ideal, however, considering Liz and Lance were drinking beers at Salty's in downtown Scottsdale and I was sipping broth.

Yesterday, I was feeling pretty good so I decided to work around the house. I also decided that if I can't go to find R&R I would bring it to me. First, I ran to Target and bought a few things to lighten up my bedroom. It feels a little more breezier than it did before:
I changed out the curtains, lamps, and bought a few accessories to make it feel more spring-like:
I also puttered around the yard and did some much needed clean up. Needless to say, while I wish I had gone on vacation, it feels good to sometimes just stay home.

No comments: