Fall

Fall

Thursday, April 26, 2012

New Addition

I want to introduce you to Lolly.
Lolly is a new member of the family. It was love at first sight when I stepped into the Greentree bike shop on Old South Pearl Street and saw the baby sister to Lolly. I loved the colors and the "cruiser" style. The shop owner told me that the adult version was to be delivered the next day, so I went back today and picked her up. I named her Lolly as in "Lollygag" because that is what cruiser bikes do. She is also named after Lollypop because of her sweet coloring. I have to admit, I had a hidden fear for the past few years, and this fear kept me from buying a bike. I had this fear that I had forgotten how to ride. But, as the saying goes, "It's just like riding a bicycle," and indeed I hopped on this afternoon and, after a slightly wobbly start, Lolly and I cruised the neighborhood for about 30 minutes. I plan to get to the park early tomorrow morning so I can practice riding Lolly before the park bicycle "rush hour" begins. No, Lolly and I won't be mountain biking. We struggle up hills because of her lack of different speeds and my lack of leg muscle. We probably won't be able to keep up with our bike riding afficiando friends as fast as we would like. But we are perfect together on a summer day, a ride to a local pub for a beer, a run to the grocery store, going to Mom and Dad's for dinner, and cruising around small mountain towns enjoying the views. She fits perfect in the truck bed and is light enough for me to lift her in and out. Yes, Lolly and I plan to have a very wonderful summer together. We hope you can join us!

1 comment:

Mailornish said...

Oh I love your new ride!