Fall

Fall

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

A blast to the past

I just got home from a trip to Glenwood Springs with Mom and Dad. We had a blast! I hadn't been to Glenwood probably for 7 years. I admit, I was a little nervous that memories of living there might get me down. But I didn't need to worry about that...we had so much fun! When we got in on Monday we walked around town and the Hotel Colorado. I visited with my old boss at the gallery and she was very kind and welcoming. We ate dinner on the Peppo Nino patio, which was the birthplace of the "long dinner" with Mike, Jason, Jess and I.
After dinner, I swam in the hotel pool and mom sat by the pool relaxing. We woke up Tuesday and went to the hot springs. It was so relaxing and wonderful, as the weather was a little cool in the morning. I took off a little while later for Carbondale and Redstone. It is such a beautiful drive along the Crystal River and I just love Redstone-it reminds me of a cross between Carmel California with all the cute cottage-like houses and Talkeeta, Alaska with this artsy but outdoorsy community. Everyone has a cute mailbox or some sort of cute garden art.
After Redstone Mom, Dad and I went back to the pool. We then went to the Glenwood farmer's market which was full of great produce and good music. We finished up the night, exhausted, after a full and delicious Mexican dinner. It was a great trip and I am so glad it turned out to be so much fun!

No comments: