Fall

Fall

Monday, January 21, 2013

A horse is a horse, of course, unless it is a therapy horse!

Meghan and I have similar interests in going back to basics. Hers comes from, to name a few experiences, a love of anything Laura Ingalls Wilder and having exposure to horses as a young girl. Mine comes from the love of nature, the self care it brings, and a hope that someday I can live the life of the Pioneer Woman Ree Drummond from the Food Network! I got an email the other day about a therapy program that uses animals and they need volunteers to feed and groom the one horse, Cody; the two mini-horses, Misty and Stormy; the two pygmy goats, Duncan and Daisy; and the two therapy cats, Bonnie and Clyde. I went to the orientation-the place is a little residential farm in a more rural part of Lakewood. We learned how to feed the animals, bridle the horses, and walk them around the pen. I especially fell in love with Stormy. As he and I walked he would nuzzle his mini horse head in my leg. They only need volunteers for a few hours, but the experience was just enough for me to know that it would be a great way to care for my inner country girl! http://thepioneerwoman.com/

No comments: