Fall

Fall

Sunday, January 6, 2013

Nature as the best medicine

With the holidays over and school starting tomorrow, I was feeling a bit restless. Then I realized that I haven't had a good dose of nature since the summer! As always, nature is the best self care medicine. So, the boys and I once again made our way to the cabin in Estes Park to medicate ourselves!
The weather was gorgeous and the roads not too bad. We checked in and the boys romped in the snow on the balcony.
I ran into town and did some shopping. I took US 34 back to the YMCA through RMNP and it was gorgeous! There were a ton of elk and deer along the way. The sun was starting to set and the sky had a nice pink color to it. I got back, and enjoyed the rest of the sunset.
I made dinner and then read the rest of the night. I had promised the boys they could take turns sleeping on the bed. So, here is Chester ready to snuggle in, while Stan is laying comfortably on a bed of pillows and towels.
This morning we woke up, checked out and took US 36 to US 34 through the park again. The sky was blue and the sun really showed off the beauty of the park!
Now I officially feel ready for the quarter to begin!

No comments: