Fall

Fall

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Chugging along

Things are finally moving forward! The home inspection is tomorrow. Keep your fingers crossed, everyone, that I haven't been living in a ticking time-bomb or anything like that! Just kidding, the home has pretty good bones I think. If there are concerns here or there, I don't think they will be anything that would be a deal breaker. I accepted this offer not only because it is a really cute couple, but because they offered more than I was asking. That way, negotiation isn't so painful and we will all come out winning. That is what I hope for!

I have been packing/cleaning/getting things done little by little each day. I have been trying to have some fun, too. Mom, Dad, me and boys went on a walk at Lair of the Bear park yesterday. Then I came home and got right to packing while the plumber fixed a few things. I indulged in a really cute BBC series Mom told me about later in the evening called "Lark Rise to Candleford." One of those lovely British old school story lines. The main character, Laura, reminded me of me in way...leaving the home she has always known for a new life in Candleford. It seems far to her, but only less than 8 miles away by foot or horse. My journey is a little farther, but things go faster by car.

I am slowly finishing up tackling the basement. Most everything is packed up. I am just hoping it all fits in my little storage unit. Now I have to tackle my clothing, some kitchen essentials, and some stuff in the office. All doable I think in the time I have.

Tonight I am indulging in My Brother's Bar with Liz. I have been trying to eat at places where I won't be going for awhile, if again at all. I am going to have an actual hamburger, not a veggie burger like I normally do. I deserve it, I think!

No comments: