Fall

Fall

Sunday, November 1, 2015

Day of the Dead at Denver Botanic Gardens

A few years ago I hosted a "Dia de los Muertes" or Day of the Dead party. I set up a place to create an altar, had children's activities like coloring in skeleton masks and making paper flowers, had Panaderia de los Muertoes, and an opportunity for friends and family to come together and celebrate our departed loved ones. Here is the link to a very brief post about that party:

http://mel-outsidelookingin.blogspot.com/2012/11/di-de-los-muertos.html

Today I decided to visit the Denver Botanic Gardens and their Dia de los Muertos celebration. Not only was it full of all the colors and celebration of the event, the gardens themselves were bursting with color!

We were welcomed by this lad and his masked friends at the entrance


This gal was ready to tell everyone where to go and what to do at the event


Little details like these flags made the event very special


They had alters throughout the garden with visually enjoyable colors and items





The gardens themselves were bursting with color even though winter is near








This statue intrigued me…of all the times I have been at DBG I have never stumbled upon this little statue-always something new to discover at DBG!


This little pavilion reminds me of something I would see in Paris, not Mexico, but lovely all the same



No comments: