Fall

Fall

Friday, January 1, 2016

2016

Help this little lost deer have a great 2016!


I saw this poem and indeed, this little lost deer will have a good 2016, 
if I have anything to say about it!

A Special Kind of Dog

I didn't really want you, I wasn't really sure 
and I'll admit I had my doubts
when you first came through that door.
Not small, or cute, or fluffy, with big soft puppy eyes, 
but tall and thin and bony, 
with bald pink bulging thighs.
You weren't the kind I had in mind, not in any way. 
Perhaps it would be better, if I took you back today.
Before we know each other, it really won't be kind, 
To keep you here for one more day and then to change my mind.
But against my better judgement, I decided you could stay 
and quickly I discovered, you were kind in every way.
Your gentleness and patience really stole the show 
"Why! These dogs are wonderful, I must let others know"
You're my gentle giant, who just needed a chance, 
To show us all what you could be, to wipe away that history.
Dispel our preconceptions, that put us all to shame
and so we come to know and love, what lies beneath that frame.
And now I've come to understand, what I missed right at the start,
 That Greyhounds need that great deep chest… To house their great big hearts.





No comments: