Fall

Fall

Sunday, February 14, 2016

40!!!!

I officially survived my 40th birthday!

Thursday the 11th was the actual day, but I just took Friday the 12th off. I kicked it off with a party Thursday night at Lowry Beer Garden and had about 25 people come. It is always quite a treat to have all my nearest and dearest in the same space…everyone is so easy-going that it can't help but be a good time!







Friday I dropped Rene off at Mom and Dad's for her first overnight with them without me, and my first night away without her. I stayed at the Hotel St. Julien in Boulder, a most fabulous resort hotel where I used to retreat a few years ago. My friend Jill met me up there and stayed with me, and we met my friend Amanda for dinner. When I got to the hotel, Mom and Dad had sent up some little treats for our stay! It was so cute.


The bathroom at the Hotel St. Julien is remarkable. It is bigger than my own at home!


We ate at Bramble and Hare, a little farm to table restaurant Amanda recommended. Jill and I did some shopping both in the evening and the next day. Saturday when I came home I found Rene to have been excellent house guest for Mom and Dad! Later in the evening, the family went out to dinner at The Cherry Creek Grill. Robert and I always have to take a selfie when we are together!


I stayed the night at Mom and Dad's and came home this morning, to get myself together and get ready for the week. Oh, and to cap off the weekend with my Valentine…Rene!




No comments: