Fall

Fall

Sunday, February 7, 2016

The Countdown Begins

The kick off weekend to my 40th birthday week has been really enjoyable. Friday night I went to the Denver Botanic Gardens for an evening with orchids, music, food and drink. I went with Mary, my current neighbor, and Pat, my former neighbor, and had an excellent time. Did you know the vanilla bean is actually an orchid? I learned so many different things about this unusual plant, it was fun. We ate a late dinner at Shells and Sauce and just gabbed until around 10pm. It felt very European, the only thing I wish is that I could walk everywhere and not have to drive from place to place.

Yesterday, Mom and I went on our annual birthday lunch, with a shopping expedition to Cherry Creek Mall. We went into the new Restoration Hardware store. It is impressive but a little too…um…neutral toned for me. It seemed like everything on display was white, tan or grey. But, it looked nice and I wouldn't complain if I won a shopping spree to furnish my home in RH! Their rooftop patio's display and selection is dynamite, and I look forward to checking it out in the summer time as well! Of course, we went to Anthropologie. Every year I get 15% there during my birthday month, so I bought four new dinner plates:




After lunch at Nordstrom Cafe, I had my hair appointment. Anna did me right again, of course, adding a little lightness to my tresses for my 40th and also just trimming it up a bit. She mentioned something, like, "You don't have too many gray hairs we need to cover up." I said, "aren't those just really blonde hairs?" She agreed, of course just to placate me.

Today I have a massage scheduled and then Rene and I will watch the game at Mom and Dad's. We will eat bar-b-que and dips like velveeta cheese and Rotel tomatoes. Rene and I will stay the night, because it is always a little treat and she loves seeing grandma and grandpa first thing in the morning. Then, off to work for the week, until Thursday where I will kick off a long birthday weekend full of party time, a stay at the Hotel St Julien and a birthday dinner with the family.

Everyone has asked, "So, how do you feel about turning 40?" And still, I am really excited about the new decade. I just feel like good things are going to happen. 

No comments: