Fall

Fall

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

New Everything!

Ahhhh....I sit at my desk in my new office typing. It is a lovely feeling. I have pictures on the wall, lamplight, and flowers sent to me by Mike yesterday. What a happy space I am creating!

Yes...Mike sent me flowers yesterday. I reveled in every minute of it. Here is the moment by moment playback...I am sitting in here with the ITS guy setting up my computer. I hear, "Where does Melanie McClanahan sit?" My colleagues say, "In this office here." In walks the deliveryman holding a beautiful vase of flowers: Lilies, gerbera daisies, some carnations and greenery. Floating above it is a balloon that says, "Congratulations". I thought at first it was from my mom and aunt (sorry, hon, that I second guessed you!) but when I opened the card I saw it was from Mike in honor of my first day. Thank you honey, you made my day!

So, I am in "training mode" right now. Part of my day is spent milling around, the other part is shadowing people. There isn't a ton of new stuff to learn, so all I am really doing is waiting for the opportunity to have my own students. That will come after I get back from Alaska!

Alaska...we leave this Friday. I can't wait, both of us are in need of a vacation.

No comments: