Fall

Fall

Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Room of my own

I am at work and everyone has gone to a meeting except me. Since I am leaving the department I volunteered to stay back in case people call or walk in. There was an ulterior motive to that...I am very burned out on the same old conversations we have in our meetings. Numbers could be better, keep giving it 120%, a good fall could help relieve us of stress, generic sales tips, etc. etc. It is painful to listen to as an employee in the department, let alone one leaving the department.

This empty office is giving me a glimpse of my future...an office of my very own! My own 4 walls, my own space, a door I can close! I love my teammates, don't get me wrong. It is just that my day has continuous interruptions, from anyone walking in at anytime to hearing about every affliction, problem and concern known to mankind by my office mates. I am just looking forward to a little peace and quiet, lamplight, a personal call every once in a while, and a space that is mine. As Virgina Woolf said: A woman must have money and a room of her own to write fiction. I may not be writing fiction, but I will certainly be satisfied with money and a room of my own!

No comments: