Fall

Fall

Monday, September 24, 2007

Fall is here

"It was one of those perfect English autumnal days which occur more frequently in memory than in life." ~P.D. James

When I started the blog I wrote so much about summer, how I was looking forward to things like baseball and ice cream. Fall is here so now I can reflect on the summer, and look forward to things in the fall and winter. After January, I must admit, winter gets me down. I get antsy for long days and warm sun, I want to garden, I want to stop being cold. From here until around Christmas, I am a pretty happy chica. I love the fall. Already, trees are changing colors and leaves are crunching under my feet. My favorite colors-deep red, brown, deep green-are prevalent. I love hot chocolate and red wine. I love football and Monday night television. We watch movies. We walk on Saturdays to the coffee shop. The holidays give me pleasure...I get to be with friends and family, do things like see lights and go to craft shows.

My summer? Was great. Unbelievable. Mike had good PET scans and even though he is on interferon he is feeling okay. We went to Disneyland. We watched baseball. We went on lots and lots of hikes. We discovered the beauty of a gas grill. We sat on the patio. I got into a really nice work out routine. I planted flowers.

So, welcome fall, goodbye summer. I hope I can make the most of it and welcome winter with open arms.

No comments: