Fall

Fall

Friday, September 28, 2007

We Lit up the Night!

Mike and I walked in the Light the Night walk last night. The walk is put on by the Lymphoma and Leukemia Society and we chose to do the one at Wash Park. The walk is targeted to supporters and survivors of cancer. We got up there around 6:30pm and the walk started at 7:00pm. I am never good with numbers for these types of events, but there were a ton of people at the event. Everyone got balloons that had little flashing lights in them to "light up the night". Survivors got white balloons and supporters got red balloons. Mike also got a survivor t-shirt. It was a great walk. At one point I turned around and it was such a cool sight seeing the mass of people at dusk with these balloons flashing. Even though he is someone living with cancer, Mike doesn't get a lot of recognition, so I think he really enjoyed being special for a while. I recognize you every day hon and I am proud of you and your fight with cancer. The walk, Tshirt, balloons and all the people were there to let you know they are proud of you, too.

No comments: