Fall

Fall

Monday, October 1, 2007

A great weekend

We went to Fort Collins on Saturday. I can't remember the last time I was there. Our friend Paul bought a house and so we went to visit. I fell in love with this city right away. It has a Boulder feel to it, but it is more spread out and less pretentious as Boulder. Paul said there are bike trails all over; he lives close to the Horsetooth Reservoir and so he can bike there very easily. We visited Kim and Jeff, who both worked with Mike in the Polar programs. They live in the older part of town, which was close to downtown. It was adorable! We went to lunch downtown, again...adorable! (by now Paul and Mike are sick of hearing me say that) and then went over to the New Belgian Brew Company and taste tested some beers. I felt like I was on vacation! We ended up leaving around 3:30 and got back to Denver close to 5pm. We went to a reception for our friends who finally got married so it was good to see them so happy. Sunday, we went on a walk and did some house stuff. We watched the Rockies win and the Broncos lose...but the Rockies winning made it all better!

No comments: