Fall

Fall

Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Depth Beneath the Surface

Sometimes I feel like I am just skimming the surface. Today I was watering the lawn and saw the fall leaves on the ground and I thought, "One more thing to do." Weekly I clean and vacuum, this time of year I water the lawn and garden, I dust and do laundry, I go to work and be diligent, I come home and watch television. I skim the surface and a week will go by without me able to account for all those hours. My friend Susan calls this type of thing "Groundhog day." Some days feel like that.

But then I talk to my friend Meg on the phone. I feel connected. We have stories to share and more often than not there is a connection among our stories. We are philosophical and come up with solutions that will fix all the daily annoyances. We laugh, we reminisce about our younger years, we plan for the next night out, and often we can talk for at least 30 minutes. These are minutes that I can account for, that put those moments in technicolor. Thanks for keeping me real, Meg.

No comments: