Fall

Fall

Monday, October 22, 2007

Just need a minute...

I need this minute to take a deep breath and relax. It has been a very hectic weekend. We are starting on our kitchen remodel project which went into full force on Friday night. We picked up all of our tile (we got a lot of tile) and we took a tile class. It was good, but I kept asking our tile guy if he was free for the next two weeks. Saturday, Mike went to work on finishing his repair of a hole in the ceiling. I helped out, took the dogs for a walk, vacuumed up the house, took bookshelves to mom and dad, etc. Yesterday, I cleaned cabinet doors (I could have made a meal from what years have accumulated on those cabinets), got the red room prepped for painting and assisted Mike in a Home Depot run. In the afternoon, Mike demolished the countertops and we took out the dishwasher. I decided right there and then that we won't continue on...just kidding, hon. Last night, though, my Chester started getting sick. He threw up last night and all this morning. He couldn't keep water down, and around 9am this morning he was shivering on his bed. I took him to the vet for a drop off appointment-today he weighed 71 lbs! Last Friday at the vet he weighed 79 lbs. Poor baby. So, he is there now and I hope to hear soon that he is okay, just sick with a bug. Meantime, Mike and I went online to try to buy World Series tickets. What a joke. The computer kept timing out...Mike tried for an hour but the website kept crashing. So, now I am at work, and I wish I weren't! I have had too full of a day already to have to fit work in today.

No comments: