Fall

Fall

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Gratitude

I love Thanksgiving. Not only is the food divine, it is a deliberate time of year to give thanks. What can one say about living in a country where a day of thanks is a national holiday? I thought I would write my list of what I am thankful for this year:
1. My family, Mike's family, and Mike. My friends. The boys. All bring so much joy to me and life would not have the same meaning without even one of them.
2. Mike's good health. I need not say more.
3. A work environment in which I love to wake up and get to everyday. Good colleagues, a beautiful campus, where going to church in the middle of the day isn't strange.
4. Working with my brother. It has given me a chance to get to know him other than a sibling. He is a really good guy.
5. Books and bookclub. Getting together with the girls is something I look forward to every month. We have an amazing synergy as well that makes us want to get together even without a book to discuss.
6. Danskos. For my increasing bunion pain, these shoes are the way to go.
7. A house, regardless of how many projects it generates; I would rather have a home to remodel than no home at all.
8. Netflix
9. Colorado. It is just such a nice state in which to live. But I am also thankful for having options of other nice places to live.
10. Physical abilities: To hike, to run, to walk...to see so I can read and watch movies, an intact mental state so I can enjoy all the above.
Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Enjoy your day.

No comments: