Fall

Fall

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Kristi

So I mentioned Kristi, my teacher, before and I wanted to dedicate this blog to her. I have been in a bit of a funk, not being able to finish my coursework for my last M.ed course for the adult learning certificate. We have had some changes at work where I feel a little less inspired-mainly, more remote leadership and lack of overall direction in our department. I had a much needed phone call with Kristi. Mind you, I have met her once in person, otherwise all we do is email each other. Talking to her, though, is like a cool breeze on one of our stifling summer days. I told her my issues, and we discussed how to make my final assignments related to me and not related to the workplace. We discussed the importance of what I study needing to not be Regis specific but "me" specific. It was nice to look at this outside of the workplace and more as self-supporting. And then the best news of all came...we were accepted to present at the American Association of Adult and Continuing Education (AAACE) conference this November, here in Denver. We are presenting on guiding adult learners toward self-efficacy and our proposal just got approved. Thanks to Kristi, I got a fresh spring in my step. I did a little dance at my chair, visited colleagues and shared the news, and overall had a smile on my face. So, thanks Kristi for giving me a little inspiration. I will get those assignments done soon!

No comments: