Fall

Fall

Thursday, June 26, 2008

Waves of Torrey

So, the perks of working at Regis is that we have all sorts of creative and wonderful people who want to share their passions. "Miss Laura" is one of them. She is of Scottish heritage and has danced Irish step and ceili dancing for 12 years. She is this adorable 50ish woman, with short salt and pepper hair, big eyes, and a smile that makes you feel like you have known her forever. Miss Laura teaches a beginning and advanced Irish step dancing class during the summer over the lunch hour. I promised her (at a party, after a beer or two) that I would join and knew I had to keep my promise. I roped my co-worker Rick into going as well and he has been totally dedicated. Other co-workers participate, and we have the best lunch hour one day a week! I actually think I am somewhat talented in this area. We danced an Irish dance called Waves of Torrey-inspired by either the waves in the water or by a few Irish whiskey drinkers at a local pub.

No comments: