Fall

Fall

Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas came and went

Christmas came and went, and New Year's will come and go. Quite frankly, I am glad. No offense to family and friends who love this time of year, getting together and having a good time...with Mike's sickness and all I just wanted "the most wonderful time of the year" to be gone. The problem with Christmas is that you can't escape it when you want. It isn't like a bad movie, where you can just walk out; a fight with a loved one where you can go to a room and close the door; a diet where you have to slam the fridge shut to get away from the foods calling out to be eaten. Nope...when you want to shut Christmas out you just can't. You have to grin and bear it. I know, this sounds so Bah Humbug and I really do enjoy aspects of the season. Of course, being with friends and family is special regardless of the holiday. Certain traditions are meaningful; I love Christmas decorations and holiday inspired houses. I guess the Bah Humbug comes from Mike's sickness and knowing that he couldn't enjoy all these things with me. We couldn't do our annual Christmas Eve candlelight mass, we never did drive by the city and county building, and we had to cut time with family and friends short. These sacrifices made the most wonderful time of the year a little harder.

Hopefully Mike is on the mend. He still didn't feel well this weekend, but my hypothesis is that he is expelling toxins now and so everything is coming to the surface. Hey, I am not a doctor but I play one on television!

As for me...I am starting 2 of the teaching gigs I wrote about so long ago. The first is the adult conflict and anger management class at The Conflict Center...that starts on Jan 5th-I will be co-teaching with an awesome woman named Vickie. Starting Jan 15th I will be working on an internship with a great teacher named Ronnie so I can finally teach at Regis. These are exciting endeavors and I will look forward to doing something other than than puzzles, laundry and watching television.

Keep your good thoughts and prayers out there for Mike...may his misery subside and he can feel normal again.

No comments: