Fall

Fall

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

New Year's Eve Reflections

I went for a walk with a friend last week and she asked if I make New Year's resolutions. I used to...I will lose 10 lbs, start a yoga class, etc...but I never actually attained the resolutions I made. I have actually resolved to some basics...I hope 2009 is better than 2008, bringing me more satisfaction and contentment; I hope to travel in 2009; I wish for good health, not only for me but for Mike, my family and my friends. These are pretty basic, and hopefully not too much to wish for.

2008 has been a great year, although it is ending pretty badly. We went on numerous trips...San Diego, San Francisco, and Paris. I had a pretty nice summer in the garden, joining a garden club and meeting some very garden savvy people. We threw a few get togethers with friends and family which is always meaningful. A president of hope has been elected to hopefully improve this ailing country. I reached a few goals with regards to teaching at Regis and in the community. Mike's cancer continues to be at rest. The end, though, I could do without. Two hospitalizations in a month of my beloved Mike and still questions on the reasons. I hope 2009 will bring answers to these questions.

To my friends and family...I wish for you a happy New Year's celebration and a healthy 2009. Mike and I both send our love.

No comments: