Fall

Fall

Friday, March 20, 2009

Happy Spring!

We are coming out of the winter doldrums into my most favorite time of the year! My daily walks are full of new discoveries...forsynthia branches are blooming, crocus is popping up everywhere, trees have buds, and even my little phlox has a few pink blossoms. I love the idea of coming home after work and spending a few hours outside, watering the grass, weeding and just taking care of things. Or taking a walk at lunch, when it isn't too hot or too cold. Or grilling meats once again. Yes, this time of year makes me feel like I am waking up to all things good.

The wardrobe is always a bit problematic this time of year...do I bust out my short sleeves? Do I wait? when can I go buy a new pair of shorts? Sandals? Can I still wear my favorite brown boots or do I have to retire them for the time being? These dilemnas though are small in comparison to the joy of eating lunch outside, drinking crisp white wine on the patio, and soaking in some sun.

No comments: