Fall

Fall

Friday, March 27, 2009

Life lately

I finally have a minute to write. It has been a stressful week-Mike was feeling sick Saturday, he looked awful and had a rapid heart rate. We decided another trip to the hospital was needed and he landed in ICU for a few days. He has severe pneumonia and a list of other issues to long and cumbersome to list here. He was recently moved to a regular room; however, the doctor said he probably won't be out for a while.

His family and I have been taking turns being with him. It is hard to leave at night knowing he is alone all night long, but I have to get my rest in order to be fully present the next day. He looks better than he did early in the week, but still will be on the mend for a while. There are mystery issues still needing to be figured out as well.

I want to tell my hubby that I love him so much and we will get through this together. I have never felt so fiercely protective of him as I do now-he is in his most vulnerable state and needs an advocate who knows him well. He is my best friend and even though the road to recovery may be long we can walk it one step at a time, hand in hand.

Hold him in your thoughts and prayers, send us good energy and good vibes so he can remain positive during all this. This, too, shall pass.

No comments: