Fall

Fall

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

34



I remember I used to make a huge deal of my birthday. When I worked at TLC, Chris and I had the same birthday. I remember our patients came one follow up on our birthday. These brothers who had Lasik brought us flowers and cards. The girls used to tease me about how much I loved my birthday. I will always claim my favorite part of the day was waking up to a card and small gift from from Mike. Hands down, that made me happy.

This year, it is much different. It is another event related to my grief with Mike's death. I celebrated my birthday this week with friends last night and tonight. Tomorrow I teach and so the class will get cupcakes. Friday I am off to wander around, get my nails done and eat dinner with mom, dad and Robert. It is and will be good, but I notice an element-that card in the morning-is not here. I did get a card from a new friend in the mail, juxtaposed with a card from Grandma Dunn, Mikes' grandma. What a poignant, symbolic situation. The future and the past. Both are rich and beautiful. I hope year 34 will be, too.

No comments: