Fall

Fall

Sunday, February 28, 2010

My first painting

During the February First Friday Artwalk I met a Wyoming artist and after seeing his painting style I decided I wanted him to create a painting for my dining room. Since I got the new set my wall has been bare, and I have had the urge to hang something really nice, not just something I would buy from Target or Bed, Bath and Beyond. I also wanted something meaningful, so I chose a photo from Paris that I took one day while wandering around on my own.

A few weeks later my painting is finished and I couldn't be more thrilled. I will end up going to Wyoming to pick it up and I can't wait to hang it on my wall.

I don't imagine I will ever tire of staring at this painting. It is from the Rue Cler district where Mike and I stayed, down Rue Cler street. You can see the tip of a red awning toward the edge. That is where Mike and I sat our first night in Paris, drinking a glass of Bordeaux and eating cheese and baguette. When I look down this street I am reminded of the magic that trip holds, because this trip was the last one we would take. Thanks to artist Kevin O'Brien for bringing it to life.

3 comments:

Mailornish said...

Peaking in on your blog today and I LOVe the painting. The colors are fantastic :) I'm sure it will be a new stronghold in your place!

Emily said...

I Love It!! What a wonderful memory to have hanging on your wall. He's really good.
See you SOON, M.
XO

Jeannie (Jiji) McCarron said...

I almost like the painting better than the actual photo; it's a bit more magical to me. Nice choice, Mel. What great memories to showcase in your lovely home.