Fall

Fall

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Week One

My first week off has come and gone. It went by very quickly. This was supposed to be the week the landscapers were coming to do the backyard. They had to postpone until next week. This threw me off a bit because this was the week I was supposed to sit around! Now I have to sit around next week to be home while they do the work. Oh well, I have no room to complain!

It turned out to be a rather busy week. I had two Cycling for Change meetings and after both of them a number of action items to complete. I completed a Facebook page, composed an invitation, picked up t-shirts, made phone calls, etc. Although I moaned and groaned about it a bit, it felt good to be productive and working toward something very important. Check out the website to see where the cyclists are now! www.cyclingforchange.org

I did indulge in a scrumptious dinner at Le Central http://www.lecentral.com/ with my dear friend Jeannie. We had a long dinner with an appetizer, main course and dessert. Jeannie is one of those inspiring souls that I can't get enough of! I also took the boys to Chatfield for a long walk, and last night Lorrie and I hit the Santa Fe arts district for the artwalk. She and I gathered many ideas to develop our plan for the art program we are doing. We barely looked at the art; rather, we conceptualized a lot of different ideas and talked at length about our plan.

This week, being at home, I plan to tackle the basement and shed. I am planning to make the shed half gardening shed and half tile mosaic studio. In the basement I plan to clean out a bunch of stuff. My neighbors are having a garage sale next Saturday so I am going to join in-I have a bunch of stuff to sell (so come on by!!). All in all it was a good first week, and while I felt like I was just on vacation, I know that this opportunity this summer will be pretty amazing!

No comments: