Fall

Fall

Monday, June 28, 2010

Visiting some favorite peeps



I just returned from Oregon where I visited some of my favorite people. I got a chance to spend the day with Stacy and she took me to all sorts of great places in Portland-neat neighborhoods and markets. She and her hubby TJ have a phenomenal veggie garden and we had dinner of fish, fresh kale, cous cous and fresh strawberry shortcake. They have a white fluffy dog named Totem and they spoil her rotten.

I spent a few days in McMinnville with my favorite Frank and MM. Theirs was my most favorite hotel (smile). The minute I walk into their home I feel right at home. I don't know if it is because all the windows show a backyard that looks like a forest and I could drink tea watching a deer graze the grass; or that all the beautiful throw rugs compliment the rest of the house; or that the comfort and love in their home is waiting for me at the front door. Whatever it is the cost per night is priceless and the experience so divine.

Wine country is such lush and lovely country. Amongst the vineyards is one of my favorite places called Red Ridge Farms (http://www.redridgefarms.com) where it is a plant nursery, gift shop, olive oil maker and event destination. The view from this farm is delightful as is everything surrounding it...including all the lavender there!



All in all the trip was relaxing and I enjoyed the vibe of Portland and the calming of looking past the ocean into...nothingness. I was ready, nonetheless, to come home. I saw a dog at Cannon Beach rolling and romping in the sand and while I often lament about the boys I was ready to kiss their sweet mugs. I was ready to stop living out of a suitcase. I was ready to wash my own towels and make eggs and bacon for breakfast. Yes...traveling is a wonderful thing...but so is realizing how much home means to me.

No comments: