Fall

Fall

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Just a bit of an update

My involvement in the Cycling for Change initiative is coming to a slow end. The two events are going to be this week that we have been planning-a wine and cheese fundraiser and a pancake breakfast. Once these are over, my commitment to the initiative will be to continue working with Lorrie on the "change through creativity" program with the homeless women. I missed them for the past two weeks when I was out of town-I just love my Sunday mornings, chit chatting while painting, gluing, stamping, cutting and whatever else Lorrie has us do each week. I will look forward to this tomorrow for sure.

I have been a bit under the weather lately with feeling a bit blah and having an upset stomach. I ate at Beatrice and Woodsley for the first time Thursday night, and I am wondering if those rich pork bellies or another of the many appetizers we indulged in are the culprit. I really liked it there-the atmosphere was interesting and the service staff really nice and pleasant. Because I have been under the weather, I have been forced these past few days to sit, rest, read, and not get to my "Should" list. I am learning in general to put the "Should" list away and go with my flow a little more. It is a hard thing to do-I spent most of my life "Shoulding" my way through each day. I think most of us do. It feels a little uncomfortable not prescribing to my "Shoulds" but then again, I feel a little more calm and satisfied at the end of the day.

I am finishing up my book club pick Cutting for Stone and have really enjoyed this story. I get to indulge in two bookclub meetings this month-the first next week and then I host in later July with this book. Next, I am onto The Girl Who Played with Fire and then The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest. Hopefully they are as good as his first book.

I start teaching this week-every Thursday night for the next 8 weeks. I am looking forward to it this time more than before. I used to teach after working an 8 hour day, so I didn't always bring my full self to class. Since I will have more time to prepare and relax before class, I think this will be one of the best classes thus far. After Cycling for Change is over I am hoping to spend more days up in the mountains. I got this great book-John Fielder's Best of Colorado and I want to pick a few places to explore. A few overnights here and there-I want to spend the night in Vail and also in Salida (I hear it is a cute little artsy town). I would love to get to Santa Fe in August so I will see if that comes to fruition. As far as big trips planned, my brother and I are considering New York City in latter September-he would be a fun travel buddy, as well as someone who I can split up with during the day if we have different places we want to go. Otherwise, the rest of the summer will be focused on what makes me feel good and excited about each day. I think that is a challenge I can meet!

No comments: