Fall

Fall

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

All things yoga

Wow! It has been about two weeks since I have written. That seems to feel way too long, but then again, the point of writing is to write when I feel like it, not to force myself. So much has been going on. My friend Aimee said to me today, "My, you are so busy!" All I need is a paycheck for my busyness.

First things first-I have started practicing yoga. I go every Monday and Wednesday from 8:30-9:45am at the Wash Park rec center. The teacher is calming and the poses aren't anything to cry over, thankfully, although I do find myself "modifying" from time to time. My friend Aimee goes with me and every time we leave I say, "Wow, this is the life! I just can't think about going back to work." I have heard many people say that yoga has changed their lives. Maybe it is the feeling of empowerment of mastering a pose or maybe it is the breathing and quiet meditation. Whatever it is, I am looking forward at least to better balance and more strength and flexibility.

I spent the weekend with Susan and her two kids at the Estes Park YMCA camp. I took care of the 2 year old-Alex-while she went to a conference with the 3 month old strapped to her. Alex gave me a run for my money, and if I lost 10 pounds by running after him I think I gained it back...from dinner last night with my high school math teacher and his family. I nannied for Max when he was a baby and he is now 16 years old! Yikes! He is a delightful kid-very wise and philosophical. He and I sat on the front porch and talked religion and life for a while. It was so good to reconnect. I took my little Max to see Toy Story 3 and it was the best of the 3 Toy Stories I think. I just love hanging out with him-he and I talk and have fun together. Today I got to reconnect with two more friends who I haven't seen in a while. It felt like high school-sitting at Einsteins and just chatting away. We used to sit at Village Inn drinking coffee until all hours of the night back in the day. It was fun to feel that energy again.

All in all...yes I am busy. I am loving it though because it is busy on my time. I get to do enjoyable things rather than sit in front of a computer all day. I know, the time will come when I have to get a job but until then, I am enjoying every single minute.

No comments: