Fall

Fall

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

The Events




The Cycling for Change riding team has come and gone. So have the events. I must say, I am proud of how the wine and cheese reception turned out. 150 people came, and I think we raised over $1,000 from that event alone, which is good considering some of the people have been involved from the beginning. The memorable event was the pancake breakfast today. It was at the Samaritan House homeless shelter downtown. You know when things just jive? When "spirit" or "flow" takes over and everyone and everything comes together seamlessly? Everything from chair delivery to serving over 600 pancake breakfasts to fellowship and goodwill...it all happened today. The most memorable moment came in the form of music. There was a local musician volunteering her time and talent during the breakfast. As the performance went on, the homeless guests started to sing along. At first it started with a person maybe singing a line or two of a song. Before I knew it, some guy busted out an electric guitar and another guy started singing "Born to be Wild" and the jam and tunes were in sync perfectly. At 11am the cyclists lined up and rode out on their next leg to Castle Rock. It was truly and inspirational, humbling, and great feeling kind of day. It got me really thinking about how being in community energizes me. Something to ponder as I think about my future.

No comments: