Fall

Fall

Friday, July 30, 2010

Chatfield, reinstated

About a month ago I took C & S to Chatfield and 15 minutes into the excursion we had to go home early. Yes, friends, I am the annoying person at a dog park, yelling at my dogs to behave and listen. This day in particular I probably could have walked around the whole dog training area without Chester and Stan noticing I was gone. They immersed themselves in grass, dead birds, and anything unsavory and would not listen to my pleas, "Ches and Stan, Come!" So, I made them swim one more time to get off any dead bird grime and get into the truck.

Since then, all the outings have been on leash. Walks, the cabin, and our trip to Evergreen lake the other day...all on leash. And it is painful! Chester will try to pull me into any body of water he sees; I feel like I am attaching my arms to wild horses when I walk them for some sort of slow torture. This morning, I thought I would try going to Chatfield again. And the boys did not disappoint. They ran alongside me when they wanted to, lagged behind a little when there was something to smell, but by no means was I yelling and screaming for them; nor did they discover anything nasty to play with. All in all, we had a good day and the best part about it is that they are getting so old this type of activity can last at least another day. That makes me very happy and them very tired.

No comments: