Fall

Fall

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Just a reminder

Aimee, Monty (the dog) and I, along with a friend of hers from out of town, poured ourselves a glass of white wine (a "roadie" it is called) and took a walk at the park tonight. It was 6pm, but the sun was in its last setting stage and we didn't need coats. Aimee's friend is from North Carolina so she doesn't visit Wash Park every day. We chose to walk around the South lake and her friend kept looking up and saying just how beautiful the view and the night was. And it was...beautiful. But it took me a second to realize that indeed it was beautiful. The sky was green turning blue; streetlights lit up the lake; the air was crisp but not too cold. I didn't fully realize how beautiful the night was until I was coming home later in the evening. I looked up in the sky and saw stars. Yes...spring and summer lovers...I saw stars tonight. I saw the big dipper. It was a beautiful sight, and I had to take a breath and appreciate it. What is funny is that I thought I had learned to incorporate this kind of appreciation everyday...but weeks go by and stuff happens and time goes on...it takes unexpected moments like the walk I had today to remind me to appreciate that life is bigger than me.

1 comment:

Mailornish said...

I completely relate to you "forgetting" and then getting reminded about these moments. I feel the same thing happens to me and when it does it hInk, "I thought I was being so present!" I love moments like these, they just make life a little crisper.

p.s. bring on the spring :)