Fall

Fall

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Weekend in Scottsdale

Here is happy me on the first day of my trip to Scottsdale.
Mom and dad had been staying there for about 10 days or so. Robert and I decided to join them in a little sun and for a little Rockies' spring training. After they picked me up at the airport, we went to the Desert Botanical Gardens. Here we are, one big happy...
...enjoying such flora as cacti, petunias, shrubs, trees, and artful containers.
The hightlight at the gardens was the Butterfly Pavillion. There were butterflies swarming all over, and we managed to see most of the species in the brochure. I liked this idea-a bird bath with oranges to attract the butterflies:
Friday night, mom and I wandered around the 5th avenue shops and had dinner at a really good restaurant.
They boys went to a Rockies game so mom spent the night at my hotel. We watched TV and slept okay, until being awoken at 1:30am to club noise from across the parking lot. Needless to say, I changed my room the next day! Saturday, we all had our own R&R. I sat by the pool, read, wandered the shops, napped and then we all met Sue, Chris and Morgan at our favorite pizza place-Grimaldi's (apologies for not getting a picture with everyone!). Robert and I hit the night life and visited a few bars, but of course I was in bed by 10pm. Sunday, we went to the Rockies/Cubs game. We were the only ones in purple because it is the Cubs spring training field. Dad suggested that we not be too obnoxious. We saw Tom and Matthew and were able to chat for a bit. It was such a great preview into baseball season!
I left for home Monday afternoon, looking forward to seeing the pups and getting back into my routine. But I miss the warm weather and that pool which made reading outdoors an unseasonable pleasure!

No comments: