Fall

Fall

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Love stories worth a Lifetime movie special

Okay, I admit it. Occasionally I will put on the Lifetime channel while I am puttering around the house and watch whatever dramatic movie that will cover a 2 hour timespan. Recently, during this puttering and watching, I saw the trailer for "William and Kate" which will be a Lifetime movie about the young prince and his bride-to-be. The buzz around the prince and his girl got me to thinking...don't we all have that love story? The love story that is Lifetime movie worthy?

We do. At some point in all of our lives, whether it is with your current life love or a boyfriend/girlfriend from the past, we all have that swirling, twirling, wonderful, passionate love that is, indeed, worth a Lifetime movie slot. Look into your past and see the drama, the love, the passion, the disappointment, the redemption...all of which encompass loving another person.

I think about Mike and me and I do believe we would make a great made-for-TV movie. I remember our early love...there were no boundaries, nothing we couldn't face together. As our love matured, this concept did, too...but maybe more pragmatically. And,the climax to our love story...his facing a disease that would end his life and me facing life without him...I am on the edge of my couch waiting to see how this movie may end. (Oh, trivially speaking...I would be played by Emily Blunt and Mike would be played by Ryan Gosling-I have a friend who has stated that Mike and Ryan are dopplegangers).

What would your Lifetime movie love story be? Who would play you? What would the ending look like? I am hoping for "happily ever after" regardless of circumstance. At least, that is what I am striving for.

1 comment:

Granny said...

Melanie, reflecting on your life is so necessary to understand and remember. I loved reading your thoughts.
Narcie