Fall

Fall

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Feelin' like a teenager!


Last night I had one of those evenings that brought back feelings of being a teenager or in college again. My friend Teresa got tickets to the KT Tunstall concert at the Bluebird. I haven't seen Teresa in a while so I was looking forward to catching up and hanging out with her. Plus, I love KT's music and couldn't wait to see her perform in person. Teresa picked me up and we talked non-stop until we found a parking space. We went in to the theatre and all those memories came flooding back...of concerts from the past when I was young, and didn't care that the venue had no seats or was a smokey environment or getting home after midnight. We crowded in with all the other people and drank out of plastic cups. We danced, we sang, we sweated, we swayed, we jumped up and down, we hugged, and we both felt oblivious to how hot it was, or crowded, or loud. I fell asleep after midnight with a smile on my face.

There were two small incidences that happened that reminded me I wasn't as young and carefree as I was feeling. First, we were asked to be quiet during the second singer-the first band was fun and energetic, but the second guy played a ton of slow songs. So, Teresa and I kept on chatting and catching up...I guess too loudly hence being asked to shush. I don't think that would happen in a crowd of 18 or 21 year olds...but would happen in a crowd of 30 or 40 somethings, where this may be the one outing this week due to getting child care, or having work obligations, or something grown up like that. The second incident occurred every time each of us would take turns to go to the bathroom or get a drink. We had to make our way back through annoyed people who acted like we were cheating them out of their space, even though we got there first.

Despite these minor incidences that reminded me things aren't always perfectly care free, I left the Bluebird almost giddy. It was a night that made me feel so happy to my core and I hope I can re-create these moments more often.

1 comment:

Meg said...

Love this! Tapping into the younger versions of ourselves is so important. Wish I could have said cheers with a plastic cup next to you! I'll call you to catch up tomorrow. I had my mom and sis over tonight. :)