Fall

Fall

Sunday, August 28, 2011

August 28th

The mountains call me again this year to reflect upon Mike's life and death. Liz has graciously offered her Winter Park condo and I eagerly accepted. She is going to come up later today and we are going to spend a few days riding bikes, meandering about town, and taking some drives. It will not only be fun, but a chance to spend quality time with a good friend and time in reflection.

I find, though, that the Friday during his anniversary week is the one that I reflect on the most, not necessarily the date of the 28th. A lot of that has to do with the vividness of the week of his death and how his illness progressed that week. Friday was the day where he transitioned away from this place and into one that I hope is more blissful and beautiful than he can ever imagine.

I have felt his presence a lot more lately than I ever have before. By presence I mean that I know he is guiding me, watching over me, listening to me when I need an ear...I haven't felt that much in the past two years, but maybe that is because I haven't been tuning in like I am now.

Thinking of everyone today who loved Mike and miss him, too. Celebrate him with a grilled cheese sandwich and some tomato soup...it was his favorite lunch on the ice and at home!

XO

No comments: