Fall

Fall

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Feelin' the energy

What a great weekend thus far! Yesterday was a pretty successful golf lesson. I think I am finally getting it, a little. We learned about how to swing on shorter puts and drives, and I worked on my grip and stance. Of course, I will head to the driving range this week to practice!

This morning I met Jason, Jess, Jason's friend Dion and Jason's brother at 10th and Bannock for the criterium bike race. Jason and Dion are dedicated riders and this was the last major bike race of the season. There is nothing better than being surrounded by attractive men in bicycle gear with lots of adrenaline pumping! The race was so much fun to watch and both Jason and Dion did well. We went to Max Gill and Grill for I think one of the best brunches ever. We made our own bloody mary's, indulged on parm truffle fries, had a lot of laughs, and sat outside on what I think is also the best patios ever. It was a good morning.

I am thriving in all this fun, positive energy. I love taking classes like golf because it lets me focus on something challenging and enables me to learn something new. I love my classmates and the teacher is a riot. I loved the energy this morning of the race-so many passionate people up to no easy task-40 minutes of lapping around a challenging race track. I hope I always stay willing to do new things because I have so much fun and feel that true happy feeling.

No comments: