Fall

Fall

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Steamboat Springs

Mom, dad and I just got back today from a fun weekend in Steamboat. Robert couldn't join us because of his work schedule, which was a bummer because he would have had fun! We stayed at the historic Rabbit Ears Motel, which is a staple along Steamboat's main street. It is also across the street from the hot springs spa and fitness center, which is an awesome facility and where we spent the majority of Friday.

I was hoping for a little cooler air, but it was hot up there! People were out and about all over-at the pool, walking around downtown, and floating down the Yampa on inner tubes. That town has a great vibe to it-plenty to do and see, but still small enough that it doesn't feel like a big city.

I kept leaving my camera in the hotel room, so I have limited pictures. This one is from dinner at a great restaurant called Mambo Italiano:

This is from main street-a lovely little vignette:


Oh! And these! These are my new boots from FM Light and Sons. They aren't totally cowgirl-I can see myself in leggings, a long sweater, and these boots in the fall:

It was a really great weekend, and we have promised ourselves that we will do this a lot more often! (Especially if new shoes and time with mom and dad are on the menu)

No comments: