Fall

Fall

Sunday, November 20, 2011

A perfect end to a new beginning

Classes are done. Finals are complete. The first quarter of Grad school is behind me. I reflect on my first Grad school experience and it was nothing like this. One class at a time, 8 weeks each, one paper due every week...totally different than "real" Grad school. The kind where you stay up until one in the morning...or pull all nighters. The kind where your brain hurts at the end of the day. The kind where you are in the trenches with people...together...only to come out in the end at least some what whole again.

This weekend is a perfect celebration. I had brunch with my internship colleagues at Devil's Food...a place that doesn't mess around when it comes to brunch. I saw Twilight: Breaking Dawn with friends to celebrate a birthday. And next I am off to watch Sting in concert. All of this packed into one day but it is the perfect end to my new beginning.

Social work school is hard. The work is hard, the concepts change my life, the internship tears at my heart. But in the end...it is worth it. I know it will be. Having that MSW behind my name will be a hard earned qualification.

No comments: