Fall

Fall

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Still


Dad and I went to the Clyfford Still museum today. I have to say, it was one of the most pleasant museum experiences I have ever had. It is a spacious building and it all tells a great story. The art evolves based on the places where the artist lived as well as the time period.

I couldn't help notice how I felt in that museum...the quiet hush of museum-goers, the statement the art makes without saying a word. I remembered just how much I love art because of that. I juxtapose that with the experience I have at my internship every day. The kids yelling, the women always needing this or that, the clients not always being on their best behavior. I rememembered how I need the stillness of a museum to calm my heart and soul, and make me ready to face another day of noise.

No comments: