Fall

Fall

Monday, May 14, 2012

Survival mode

A research portfolio and an annotated bibliography. A cultural presentation on death and a cultural presentation on family. A presentation about an intervention at my internship. A presentation about guidelines for creating a new program or practice in the social work field. These are the assignments I have due sporadically from now until May 31st. There are only a few things that keep my head above water. Knowing that tomorrow is a workshop on self care is one of them. That my class on Thursday afternoon is cancelled so I can get one assignment done. Movie night at Meg's. Memorial Weekend where maybe, just maybe, I can get to a festival or barbeque. And summer vacation. Ahhh....summer vacation. A girl who is graduating in two weeks told me today, "enjoy your summer. Don't work if you can help it. Savor every minute." And that, my friends, is what I am planning to do.

No comments: