Fall

Fall

Monday, December 17, 2012

A night at Table Mountain

Since I threw the book club holiday bash on Saturday night, the boys went to the kennel for their own little vacation. I couldn't pick them up until today, so I had decided to stay the night in Golden at the Table Mountain Inn. I called up Liz and Lance to see if they were free for dinner because they live so close to Golden and we decided to meet at 5:30. Before then, I checked in and enjoyed the lovely hotel. It isn't as posh as the St. Julien in Boulder, and I kind of prefer feeling a little more anonymous and a little more comfortable. The rooms and hotel decor have a Southwest flair, and the upper floors have balconies that overlook Washington Ave. This is the super cozy bed; however, no matter how much I plan for a really good night's sleep at a hotel, I always wake up at 3am and have trouble falling asleep...
This is the night view from the balcony:
I went shopping in the afternoon and then read for a while. I met Liz and Lance for dinner at the Inn's restaurant which is really, really good. They went on their way; I hung out in the room, took a bath and did my nails. I woke up this morning, did the treadmill, and checked out around 10am. The waiter last night recommended that I have the chorizo sausage and cheddar biscuits and gravy with the apple-smoked bacon for breakfast; though I pondered it in the morning, I realized I would have had to spend about 5 hours on the treadmill to work it off. I opted for a very light breakfast instead. It is always fun to get away, even if just 30 minutes away. It is never too short to feel like you are on vacation!

No comments: